Compliance Certificates

What Are Compliance Certificates?
A compliance certificate is written confirmation from the City of Camrose that the building on a property meets the regulations of the City of Camrose Land Use Bylaw 2567/07. The City does not require compliance certificates, but it will issue them when asked to do so.

Resources & Information
Applying for a Compliance Certificate
A request for a compliance certificate request must be made in writing to the Planning and Development Department. The request must include:
  • Two original copies of the Real Property Report (prepared by an Alberta Land Surveyor) indicating the municipal and legal address
  • The owner’s name
  • The applicant’s name, address, and phone number (if they want to be called when the certificate is issued)
  • The non-refundable application fee
Fees are applied to both letters of compliance and letters of non-compliance.

Fee and Charges
Application fees are based on the land use.