Rules & Regulations
- Rules and regulations made by City Council shall be binding upon plot owners and upon all other persons to whom they apply.
- Vehicle traffic is restricted to roadways only. The speed limit is 20km/h.
- Flowers and similar decorations must be placed in an approved container. Grave decorations must not include lawn ornaments or any glass or china items.
- Flowers and potted plants shall not be placed on the turf area of graves between May 1 and October 1, except for a period following Decoration Day or an interment.
- Ash interments are permitted only after traditional interments have occurred or when no traditional interments will occur. Ash interments shall be permitted in Part I of a grave only prior to the installation of a monument and are not permitted under the continuous monument foundation.
- Cemetery plots shall be used only for the burial of human remains.
- Monuments, or monument foundations, shall not be erected in the cemetery unless an application for a permit has been submitted and approved by the Parks Director.
- No monument, including the monument foundation shall exceed the maximum dimensions as stated within the bylaw.
- All approved monument permits are covered by Perpetual Care which does not include any responsibility for repair and maintenance of the monument or foundation.
- Monuments are placed in the cemetery at the owner's risk and the City of Camrose assumes no responsibility for damage or loss due to vandalism, etc. All risk coverage (theft, vandalism, malicious damage and other extended coverage) may be available through an Insurance Agent.
- No fence, railing, coping, earthmound, plantings or any type or memorial shall be placed on any burial plot except for a monument placed in accordance with the provisions of the by-law.
- No pets or animals are permitted in the cemetery.
The Cemetery Bylaw lists complete information on rules and regulations regarding the cemetery.
The cemetery is a sacred place. Quiet and reverence must be observed by everyone, and the cemetery reserves the right to refuse admission at any time.
Location and InformationThe Valleyview Cemetery is located at 4205 - 52 Street, Camrose.
For more information call Community Services at 780.672.9195