The carts, made from a strong, durable material, are designed to easily accommodate an average family's organics and waste and can hold the equivalent of 3-4 bags of material.
Since the carts are City property, they should not be modified in any way. However, you are encouraged to write your address in the designated space on the cart.
Each of the City of Camrose waste carts has a unique serial number and embedded chip associated with a specific property address. Write down the serial number and keep it in a safe place.
Cleaning and Maintaining your Carts
Consider pulling your cart to the curb instead of pushing the cart, especially during winter months
Sprinkle baking soda in your yard waste cart to reduce odors.
Store the carts out of the direct sunlight, if possible
Trap wet waste in paper towel, newspaper or paper bags - it would also help if you loosely layer wet items with dry ones.
Rinse out the carts as needed with a vinegar and water mixture
Consider controlling flies or bugs by spreading dish soap around the lip of your cart
Contact the City of Camrose Engineering Department at 780.672.4428 or at email@example.com if you have any maintenance concerns with the carts.
Unable to Meet the Cart Limit?
◦ Utilize the Yard Waste and Limited Kitchen Organics Collection Program
◦ Delay collection until the following week.
◦ Drop off your recyclables at the Recycling Collection Depot
◦ Take your waste to the sanitary landfill, tipping fees in effect.
◦ Purchase a solid waste collection tag for $5.00 per tag available at: ◦City Hall, 5204 - 50 Avenue: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
◦ Public Works 4202 - 51 Avenue:8:00 am to 5:00 pm (closed from noon til 1:00 pm)
◦ Aquatic Centre, 5600 - 44 Avenue: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, Saturday 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm